Sunday, April 17, 2011

What Love Sees


TV drama movie about blind parents and blind child
-Year: 1996
-Year in film: 1940-1959
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Hap 9 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, partly TV recordings
-Bib occurence: low?
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Courtland Mead (pictured) in bibs. I don't remember the complete movie, but this might be a touching family drama. After real story; novel by Susan Vreeland. Also starring Richard Thomas (The Waltons). Courtland Mead did also appeared in the mini series The Shining (1997, see also that entry). I assume few or medium bib scenes and bibs are too small and the boy very young. So rating 4 for now. I have to view the whole film again. I think the bib scene is set in about 1952 and the son will also become blind (at age 7 in the novel). Book cover also pictures a boy in bibs, not sure if this are the film characters. No trailers found. As this film covered 15 years, it's possible that there are also others in bibs. Edit: First I was not sure, if the boy is blind or pretends to, or even if he is the later dad, as I first only read that this film is about a blind couple.

No comments: